Friday, February 19, 2010

Are 22 Inch Rims On My Silverado Safe

A story that is no more






This morning I had a little 'time and for the first time since I arrived I pulled out the guide that I bought at the airport in Miami . A story that is no more, a story that can only tell you now, look in photographs taken through January 11. Not There is nothing more than what is written, only the skeletons of buildings. I've been around in the car for almost all districts of the city, even the gentleman who accompanied me was more in the past many of those places after the earthquake. He brought in his cousin's house, making me see how and where he died, the tomb is nearby and the house for the family will not be sold but will remain there as you are resting a little over a month ago. We passed many places known to him and his eyes all the time I have never looked at directly, but told me that even he could not imagine such devastation, and how large it was.



Everywhere around the city. There are house that remained standing, who wants to believe is a miracle, others give credit to Mescla sand and water better, the fact is' that appear in a desert oasis that gives little hope. And yes, do not get used every day I walk the streets of Port au Prince on my brain can not understand, can not imagine those 6 seconds that have destroyed everything. Downtown is alive only for the people who walk and take their time trying to take pieces of iron, wood, metal from the rubble, women selling fruit and vegetables, for men running with a mobile peddler. For the bulldozers that slowly reduced to remove the concrete piles.





Almost all activities are closed and many are burned before people can enter to take the things left inside. They prefer to scupper the entire material rather than allow this to be taken in any way. I am very skeptical about what has been said of the acts of looting, and even more so now that I have told you why many of flames in the buildings. In my breaks
internet in the hotel at 100m. I knew a bit from home 'of doctors, who told how on January 12 clinics were crowded with people, at least 200 for each doctor, at least, obviously unprepared for a disaster of this size. And so many fractures have been repositioned bad, many were not able to clean the land for the lack of water. They showed me the x-rays, which are full of iron in a femur bone a go on one side and one another. . In the haste of the moment was not easy to do everything perfectly, and these people will be able to walk again after a new operation. The doctors are still missing, even now, even after a month.
It 's almost 10 days I'm here, everything I've seen start to feel the fatigue. The house every day is filled with mice and rats, garbage is collected infrequently, but if so here, let alone in the streets where they are in 2000 with a few tens of meters square. People are forced to live in inhumane conditions and of course with time the situation gets worse, it is not easy to find a way to smile or a response to a bonjour.
Ps. I would put captions to the photos, but the graphics are against me.


0 comments:

Post a Comment